Grounds & Property Details
Life's worries begin to evaporate the moment you make the turn onto the long tree-lined driveway that culminates at the gated entry to this distinctively west coast estate. The canopy of tall firs, cedars, maples and arbutus along the entire length of the driveway seemingly absorb you into their world. The sunlight filters through to the forest floor, host to a wealth of native plants including a variety of ferns, salal, mosses, wild flowers and blackberries. As you make your way towards the main compound, your cares are long forgotten, replaced only by the anticipation of enveloping yourself in a lifestyle enjoyed by a privileged few.
The gardens surrounding the home are a sole satisfying mix of water features, perennial and annual planting beds, hanging baskets, manicured lawns, and various specimens of flowering trees. The approach to the waterfront is a less formal garden setting. Both areas are irrigated via two 12-zone sprinkler systems. The garden areas have night lighting to compliment the soffit lighting around the perimeter of the home.
Located in the district of Central Saanich, the property is conveniently located 15-20 minutes from the town of Sidney, 20-25 minutes from downtown Victoria, and 10 minutes from the Victoria International Airport. The renowned Butchart Gardens and local shopping in the revitalized Brentwood Village are only a few minutes away.
The offering comprises of 3 legal lots (plus a licensed foreshore) with a total area of 16.45 acres.
Zoning is Rural Estate RE-3 with a minimum lot size of 2.0 hectares (5 acres).
- Main electrical service: 600 amp
- 10Kw Generac stand-by generator – propane fired
- Heating is via the Wirsbo Techmar in-floor hot water system on both levels of the home
- Domestic hot water: I.B.C. high efficiency hot water condensing boiler with independent secondary Munchkin condensing boiler. Stand-by electric: domestic hot water heater
- Full Carrier air conditioning for both floors of the main home
- A Dectron "Dry-O-Tron" system controls the pool heating, air conditioning, and humidity
- Sewage disposal is via a two chamber pumped septic system with associated drainage field.
- Domestic water is supplied via a 260-foot year-round well with a 3,000 gallon gravity fed reservoir.